Galaxy Note 3
joshf08
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I first got this phone I loved it like it was my first born child. Now that I've had it going on 6 months and the phone is a complete let down. The main problem I'm having is my phone's G.P.S. is not working. I've done a ton of research on this and it seems I'm not the only one having the problem. I've tried every single trouble shoot I can find to resolve the problem (i.e. taking sim card in and out, and a complete factory reset) nothing has solved this issue. G.P.S. is like the #1 thing I need for my job.

The other problem I'm suddenly having is my battery life. It seems like right after the KitKatt update my battery life has gone out the window. It takes my phone 12+ hours to get a full charge, and once it is fully charged the battery will below 30% within 4 hours. This phone used to last me ALL day with heavy data usage, and now I have to have a cord with me everywhere I go.

I have always been a long time Galaxy fan, but now all I want is a phone THAT WORKS.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 3
shaggy7
Enthusiast - Level 2

joshf08,

Have you tried wiping your cache partition?  I noticed extremely poor battery life after the KK update, like you, (maybe 5 hours of use before requiring charging) and I saw a message on one of the Android Central forum (actually for the AT&T version of the Note 3) that mentioned to try wiping the cache partition.  That appears to have worked. Since then, my battery life has been phenomenal.  I don't know why this worked, or the downside of doing it.  But it worked.   As I write this, my battery is at 66%, and has been on for 14.5 hours (with one brief charge of 15 or so minutes in my car last night).

Wiping the Cache partition from Recovery Mode

This won't erase any important data.  Perform the following procedure:

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

a) Volume Up key

b) Home key

c) Power key

3) When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.

4) When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.

5) Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'

6) Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.

7) With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 3
shaggy7
Enthusiast - Level 2

joshf08,

Have you tried wiping your cache partition?  I noticed extremely poor battery life after the KK update, like you, (maybe 5 hours of use before requiring charging) and I saw a message on one of the Android Central forum (actually for the AT&T version of the Note 3) that mentioned to try wiping the cache partition.  That appears to have worked. Since then, my battery life has been phenomenal.  I don't know why this worked, or the downside of doing it.  But it worked.   As I write this, my battery is at 66%, and has been on for 14.5 hours (with one brief charge of 15 or so minutes in my car last night).

Wiping the Cache partition from Recovery Mode

This won't erase any important data.  Perform the following procedure:

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

a) Volume Up key

b) Home key

c) Power key

3) When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.

4) When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.

5) Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'

6) Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.

7) With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

Good Luck!

0 Likes