Galaxy Note 4 update to Marshmellow 6.0 operating system has wiped my contacts and several apps are no longer working. Do not get any Verizon phone until Marshmellow is fixed, lorts of problems with this OS update. AVOID IT!!!!!
IBale

Update of Note 4 to Marshmellow OS 6 has wiped all contacts, unable to get anything from Verizon Cloud 3 days on phone with Verizon customer service no help.

No contacts no prior call on phone records either

. Out of business now for a week.

OS6 damaged several apps that are also now not working.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 4 update to Marshmellow 6.0 operating system has wiped my contacts and several apps are no longer working. Do not get any Verizon phone until Marshmellow is fixed, lorts of problems with this OS update. AVOID IT!!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IBale, Let's get this resolved once and for all so you can get back to work. I certainly apologize for your experience. What happens when you attempt to recover your contacts via Verizon Cloud? Do you see your contacts in Verizon Cloud (via application or online http://vz.to/1AqGCO4)? What happens when the application stops working and are you receiving an error message? Please share. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 update to Marshmellow 6.0 operating system has wiped my contacts and several apps are no longer working. Do not get any Verizon phone until Marshmellow is fixed, lorts of problems with this OS update. AVOID IT!!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IBale, Let's get this resolved once and for all so you can get back to work. I certainly apologize for your experience. What happens when you attempt to recover your contacts via Verizon Cloud? Do you see your contacts in Verizon Cloud (via application or online http://vz.to/1AqGCO4)? What happens when the application stops working and are you receiving an error message? Please share. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

When did 6.0 spool to non-beta Note 4 Verizon subscribers?

Did you load a rooted Rom?

0 Likes
IBale

The update downloaded on my note 4 on Sunday night 2/21, y Monday morn all my contacts were wiped. The VZ cloud had my contacts and call ID info but it would not download to my phone, in fact the phone wiped the battery trying all day Monday, by Tuesday I called VZ and after 4 + hrs no one was able to help, all making me go thru nonsensical steps to get nowhere, all while on the road and no contacts available.

On Wed 2/24 again the same 4 different cust. service reps all about 5 hours time wasted no contacts, Thursday the same, Friday after 3 hours more, I was told to go to Best Buy 17 miles away to have phone flashed to 5.1.1 Best Buy said we can not flash phone here that way.

Finally today after 3 hours more again no contacts, finally Billie a cust serv. was able to help, contacts are loading very slowly, no work getting done for a week. Was given a $25.00 credit on our business account for my week of trouble.

Will wait out my contract and move on to other wireless.

0 Likes
IBale

Not a rooted Note 4, it downloaded on Sunday 2/20 at night.lost a week of my work time. what is the big deal with 6.0 what is the purpose if it is not good??

0 Likes
IBale

Many apps are frozen, phone works but several business apps like sanpbizcard which could have gotten me by also froze. The VZ cloud had my contacts visible even on a laptop, but they and other data would not download back to the phone.In fact to the embarrassment of VZ I was even asked if I had my contacts on google to get them from there, and that did not help. Downloading on the laptop as a vcs file from the cloud and emailing to phone to bring into contacts also did not help.

VZ gave us a $25.00 credit for my trouble all week lost to this mess.

Now downloading via wireless, yes I have an account with VZ so long I still have free wireless service lol. Not worth the aggravation and grief and lost productivity. Learn from this VZ, your commercial accounts such as we are will migrate elsewhere where the service is better, than sending me to a Best Buy to flash the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there IBale,

I certainly regret to hear that you have had such trouble with your contacts, and truly would be saddened to see you go elsewhere. I am glad to hear that your contacts were being recovered. Have they recovered since, or are they still in the process of recovering?
LeoL_VZW

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

What Software Build number are you running?

daimien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait how the ell he get 6.0 if not rooted ???

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

My point exactly.

It's either a custom ROM, or he's lying.

0 Likes