Galaxy Note 7 accessories refund- when-how much longer?
MECHDILO
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has been 4 months and I still have not received a bill credit for the Galaxy Note 7 accessories. There are plenty of notes regarding this on my account, including the Verizon Wireless FAQ to support this adjustment and yet I being given the same bogus replies when I check for status. I really hope the adjustment will be made by the end of this bill cycle Feb 26, 2017. I will not be paying the $165 outstanding balance on this account.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 7 accessories refund- when-how much longer?
MECHDILO
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update!

I paid about $30 towards my outstanding balance of $165 after doing an exchange from a car charger to a wall charger on 2.25.17 at a Verizon store.  My balance was now about $135. My new bill due   3/21/17 showed forwarding balance and a $5 late fee for making a partial payment on time last month due to my refusal of paying for the Galaxy note 7 accessories which are suppose to be automatically credied to the account. I paid only the current month charges on 3/3/17. I called customer service spoke with a supervisor immediately (cut out the middle person) and to my surprise he listened and agreed and made the adjustment on the spot! $140 and I got the email same day to prove it. So I am now satisfied and can put this issue to rest. It took almost 6 months to correct and I wasn't going to give up and was willing to see just how far Verizon wanted to take this matter. so I encourage any one reading this post to do the same. Best wishes.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 7 accessories refund- when-how much longer?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

It think you felt the same way all of us did when the whole thing was finally settled.   While the following won't apply in your case Smiley Happy, I would put this out.

I've indicated before that the process Verizon put into place for these recalls and refunds was more than flawed.  Now, granted, a recall of this size was probably in the low possibility area so was never truly analyzed for "what would we do if..." actions.

The other issue was that, just from my own experience talking to various reps, was that Verizon Corporate was passing down information but that information was not getting passed, or was getting passed very late, to CS reps.  The CS reps are not co-located but are locate din any one of numerous locations.  One rep I spoke with got the updates, not on his computer where it would make sense, but on a daily "briefing sheet" he had to pick up prior to his shift.  That means the sheets weren't passed around or handed to CS reps.  That was the main reason Rep B there didn't have the same info as Rep A from over that a way.

Many Verizon stores are also franchises and NOT Verizon specific stores; while they carry the name they have some freedom as to how they do business.  For example, when it first came out, Verizon corporate stores would accept the physical phones for the exchange; but the "other" Verizon stores would not even though Verizon had, on the initial recall anyway, indicated the phones would be accepted back.

I did my exchange through a Verizon kiosk.  I got lucky, no lines and they had the phone I wanted in stock so I was able to do my exchange within about a week I think it was, of the second recall with little hassle, but, I still had to keep the phone.  From the date of the second recall (I bypassed the first as I hadn't quite reached my update date yet), I think it was about 5 months before all the refunds and credits were issued.  It was exactly 2 weeks from the date of the phone exchange to get the phone refund, and then four full billing cycles before all the credits were applied.  I got the refund on the accessories fairly quickly as I had bought everything through Amazon and they took back all accessories, even those open, for refund, waiving the 30-day exchange window.

Hopefully, Verizon has a better plan in place by now so they have a much smoother process in place if this unlikely event were to occur again.  If they haven't gotten one in place, or haven't revised the fiasco of this last recall, they need to replace the person that is responsible for these types of issues; this was basic risk management/contingency planning; it NEVER should have been that hard to get something into place, even if they were making the plans on the fly.

0 Likes