Galaxy Note 7 replacement of "safe phone"
DAVADA83

I have a note 7 replacement  and am not comfortable using it anymore.  Is there a mechanism to replace this phone at the Verizon store?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 7 replacement of "safe phone"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've not seen anything official posted yet, but multiple news outlets are reporting that you can replace them.  Here's one:

US carriers exchange replacement Note 7s after airplane incident (updated)

"Samsung is in the process of investigating the incident and is working with the authorities. When there is an update, we will make it available. Any Verizon customer concerned about the safety of their replacement Note7 smartphone may take it back to the original point of purchase to exchange it for another smartphone beginning Saturday, October 8. Verizon online customers may also exchange their replacement Note7 smartphones at Verizon stores beginning Saturday, October 8."

0 Likes
MILLERHSTEPHEN

To be safe, charge it a ways away from you, kids, and animals.  Check it off and on for any effects then, you will have a better idea of phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A rep has replied in another thread that you can exchange the phone whether it's the original or a replacement:

Re: Note7 Battery

0 Likes
MARROD47
Enthusiast - Level 1

are the waiving restocking free again ?

0 Likes
VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

Will the return period (conveniently) overlap with the release of LG's V20? The New Note7 seems to be experiencing various difficulties in the field. I do not believe that Samsung has gotten ahead of the situation as yet. Perhaps we'll know more by the end of this week.

0 Likes
Catcgb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is Verizon's statement :

In response to your second question, you're able to return your Note 7 to any Verizon Wireless corporate store at this time, whether it is the original or the replacement if you need to return of exchange it, even for a new device. You can find your nearest Verizon Wireless retail location here: Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless .

I found it on this thread

Note7 Battery

Hope that helps you

0 Likes
BCOMP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like my note 7 a lot.  But these issues are making me wanna just call it quits and get the iphone 7 plus.  Came from the 6 plus and really liked the note 7's smaller size despite it's larger screen. 

robind_vzw
Verizon Employee

It is Verizon's priority to make sure our customers feel safe with their current device. At this time there is not a recall on the device. Samsung is actively working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.  However, we want you to feel comfortable with your device. You do have the ability to return/exchange your device for another device. Even if you are outside of the 14 day return/exchange policy. There will be no restocking fee with the return. If you would like to take advantage of this you may return the device to the original point of purchase. We will keep our customers up to date on any changes there may be around the device.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes