Galaxy S20 + 5g
Bmelley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had an update about 2 weeks ago to 5G and now all my calls are breaking up. How can i switch back to 4G?

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy S20 + 5g
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

You are learning just like many of us have already learned...  Verizon's  Nationwide 5G is terrible and worse than the 4G LTE that we had before!!!  - - Yet people are clamoring to get what you and I don't want: Nationwide 5G.

The only way I know of doing so, is to call into customer service and asking them to turn off your 5G service... they can switch it off from their desk.  In fact, I just did so... Verizon can keep their terrible 5G service!

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Bad news!!!! I was just talking with Verizon Tier 2 Tech Support and they CANNOT turn-off your Nationwide 5G from their office;  and you cannot turn it off from your phone. -- So, those who have 5g on their phones are stuck with it!!!

At some point in the future things might improve, but as of now, oftentimes Nationwide 5G is worse than 4G LTE. And who knows when things can/will improve....??? It could be 12 months from now or more...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your calls are working the way they should Bmelly. We can take a closer look at this. Is the issue with calls happening in a specific location or is it happening everywhere you are? Are you having any trouble with text messages or connecting to the Internet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy your services with ease. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes
OCtela
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 5G service in Orange County, CA is completely unusable.

Just returned my iphone 12 and reactivated the 11.

Sad, horrible waste of time...  

Amazingly Bad....