Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Galaxy S3
GLDNKNGT

I have a galaxy s3. When I make a call and the message says to enter the first 3 letters of my partys, name, How do i do that?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Do you have access to the phone dialer during the call?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GLDNKNGT

Yes Ann, I do

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The dialer should show letters inside the keys on keypad just like a landline phone would. You use the dialer to enter the letters. The number 2 equals a, b, and c. 3 = d, e, and f. And so on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GLDNKNGT, we understand the need to know how to do this. When entering the name, simply press the coinciding number and letter. For example: Enter SAM=726. Please let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
GLDNKNGT

Thank you Ann. That is where my mind was headed, but my mindset was on the old flip-phones where you have to hit the number more than once to get to the letter you need. Thank you again.

0 Likes