Galaxy S7 Ringtones Keep Resetting
john_john
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the last update I received on my Galaxy S7, the ring and notification tones do not stay to what I set them at.  This happens on all of my email applications and the phone itself.  EVERY TIME, not sporadic but every single time, I restart my phone it resets the notification tones to whatever was set on the last update I received.  I don't have those notification tones so it just vibrates.  This is highly annoying.  I hope you have fix coming soon. 

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Ringtones Keep Resetting
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you verify that the tones are stored in the Ringtones or Notifications folder on internal memory space of the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
john_john
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ring tone and notification tones are not stored on my device.  They come up as numbers instead of a name of the tone. 

0 Likes
john_john
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should clarify, the ring and notification tones that it keeps getting reset to, are not on my phone.  I have all of the default tones that come on the phone.  The tones that my phone changes it too are named with numbers.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is why they keep getting reset. You need to download them and save them in the user accessible area of the internal memory space under the Ringtones folder or the Notifications folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
john_john
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I don't.  These are not my tones.  These came with the last update I received from Verizon.  When I purchased my phone I set my tones for ring and notification and everything worked fine.  After the last update, the tones get changed to something I don't have.  This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I restart the phone.  This should not happen.  My tones should stay to what I set them as every time I restart the phone.

0 Likes
john_john
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing from Verizon Wireless Customer Support regarding this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually the VZW reps will never see your post because it wasn't marked as a question.  Also creating a new discussion/question and repeating the same issue is frowned upon here.

0 Likes