Galaxy Tab S2 won't complete activation!!
acrjerry

Last week I upgraded to a Galaxy Tab S2.  From the start I kept getting the message that activation was not completed.  I was at first given another new tablet, same problem.  After 3 return trip to the Verizon store I was sent home and they said a help ticket was initiated.  That was a week ago and I have heard nothing!!!!  If this is unresolved I would like to know before the 14 day return time frame has expired.  Has anybody else encountered this problem??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Tab S2 won't complete activation!!
Kristen1022
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally got mine activated after exchanging tablets twice, changing the phone number, trying 3 SIM cards, troubleshooting over the phone for an hour and 4 trips to the Verizon store!

Okay, so what they had to do for me was do a "cross activation". They actually activated the floor model S2 tablet with the SIM card I was going to put in mine and it activated right away. They then took that SIM card and put it in my device and it pushed it right through! Finally!

This was such a frustrating experience. I've never been more disappointed with Verizon. I'm grateful for the woman who was brilliant enough to try that!

I still don't understand what was wrong in the first place, because the tablet is great. The customer service rep seemed to think the phone number on my account for the tablet was the issue. I guess by activating the floor model and switching SIM card to mine, we were able to bypass it. Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kristen1022
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought mine yesterday. It's doing the same thing. They had to order me a new one and said they have "never heard of this before". I tried going into the store today but they didn't have any tablets left. He gave me a new SIM card and it did absolutely nothing. I tried tech support over the phone, same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to activate your device. Are you still having issues with the activation process? An activation should not take more than 24 hours to complete. We would love to help you figure this out. Please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter in a Private Message and we can take a look at your account.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jwilson1198

I have the exact same problem.  I just got my tab in early January '17.

0 Likes
Kristen1022
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally got mine activated after exchanging tablets twice, changing the phone number, trying 3 SIM cards, troubleshooting over the phone for an hour and 4 trips to the Verizon store!

Okay, so what they had to do for me was do a "cross activation". They actually activated the floor model S2 tablet with the SIM card I was going to put in mine and it activated right away. They then took that SIM card and put it in my device and it pushed it right through! Finally!

This was such a frustrating experience. I've never been more disappointed with Verizon. I'm grateful for the woman who was brilliant enough to try that!

I still don't understand what was wrong in the first place, because the tablet is great. The customer service rep seemed to think the phone number on my account for the tablet was the issue. I guess by activating the floor model and switching SIM card to mine, we were able to bypass it. Good luck!

0 Likes
cobrabuffy

I am having the same experience as everyone else here.  I have spent hours in multiple Verizon stores, online chatting with Verizon support and on the phone with Verizon to resolve the issue.  Like others here, I was told it was the tablet and just received my replacement which still won't activate!  The data seems to be working fine, but other features that should work (like the cloud and NFL mobile), don't and the device is not correctly identified on Verizon's site.   I suspect that Verizon has somehow mis-programmed this particular tablet model as some other type of device (i.e. data card or similar) in their system and they have no clue that it is an issue. With everyone here experiencing the same issue, it is not the tablet hardware that has an issue, it is Verizon, likely a programmer's mistake.  Does anyone have any idea on how to reach someone at Verizon who can actually fix a programming problem with their system?  I am incredibly frustrated.  This is an awesome tablet and I want it to work like it should on the Verizon network. I purchased this device on January 1st and It is now March 11th.  I find it totally unacceptable that this issue has not been resolved in two months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to have this experience when you upgrade to a new device, Cobrabuffy. We may need to do like the previous member stated, you may need to activate the SIM Card with another device that is already registered and switch it to your new Galaxy Tab S2 device. This is a rare experience but some devices do have issues with activating our SIM Cards. Please let us know if you have any issues doing this.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HOWHAU96

I had the same problem with the S2 device that I purchased on April 22, 2017.  I connected the device to the internet via Wi-Fi and checked for updates.  The system updated twice and then activated.  Problem solved.

0 Likes