Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Galaxy s8 receive and respond to text via bluetooth?
crisray

I have paired my phone and I receive phone calls I cannot figure out how to receive text messages.  Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s8 receive and respond to text via bluetooth?
rahn
Enthusiast

Paired with what, exactly? Your car stereo?  For mine I had to read the stereo manual to figure all of that out. Simply pairing it wasn't enough.

0 Likes
crisray

Hi Rahn,

Thank you for responding. Sorry I was not clear. Yes, my car stereo.  I saw that with the S7 next to the device listed in the bluetooth settings there is an and you click that to allow notifications to the device. I do not see that with the S8.

0 Likes
rahn
Enthusiast

Gotcha. You might want to try Google Android Auto.  I forgot this was carried over from my previous phone and not baked in to the S8/+.  Samsung also has one in their store called Drive Mode.

0 Likes
crisray

Thank you, I think I have tried those before but I will try it again.

0 Likes