Going back to old phone, how to get a return box?
Horicus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going back to my old phone and i keep trying to find out how to get a return box for the Note 7, Eveything keeps telling me I need to upgrade my phone before I will receive a box but there isn't a phone i want, maybe when the Note 8 comes out or if they would get some new Windows Phone (yes i'm one of the few who likes them) I only like android with Samsung's touchwiz interface and i don't want to go back to a small phone if I'm paying for one.

Anyone else have this problem, I look throught the forum but couldn't find anyone with the same issue, but i'm sure a few people are doing the same thing.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Going back to old phone, how to get a return box?
Horicus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alright Here is how i got my return box,

Go on Twitter, make sure you are following @ VZWSUPPORT and send them a direct message, here was my conversation with them to get the return box for the Note 7 

******(Don't deal with calling in just use Twitter, I have used this several times after using phone support and they always fix the issue right away)

Me - Needing to know how to return my Note 7, I have already swapped to my old phone and the website only gives me the option to upgrade to return

VZW - Great question. You can trade your phone in at any Corporate store in your area. Here is a link with more information on how to trade in your Note 7: . Let us know if you have any additional questions. *MNP

Me - No I am already using my old phone there isn't a phone i want until the Note 8 comes out, I just want to be able to return the note 7, I have been waiting weeks for a return box

VZW - I see why no box has arrived. It's only after you process an upgrade order when you'll receive a special recovery box to return your Note7. While there is no details on upcoming devices, what phone features are most important to you when looking for a new phone? ^DH

Me - Right I don't want a new phone right now, i reactivated my Nokia Icon, now I just need to be able to send back the note 7

VZW - Sounds good to me. To order up a box, we'll need to access the account. Please provide us your full name, along with your mobile number and 4-digit account PIN. ^DH

Me - ( *** Account Information ***) 

It need to be sent to the service address for this number ***-***-*** not the main address on the account

VZW - Thanks for the heads up, Sean. So we'll be shipping this to the *************** address, correct? ^DH

Me - yes

VZW - Perfect. In 3 to 5 days a box will be delivered to you in ********************. Follow the directions inside to send us back the Note7. Is there anything else we can help out with today? ^DH

Me - No that's it Thank you so much

View solution in original post

0 Likes
psionic98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue too.. according to the service rep on the phone.. "my box is still coming" but gave me no information about it.  It's now been 3 weeks and I have a $900 paperweight on my desk.  I can't get my money back until it's returned, but I can't return it without a box.  I already went back to my note4, so it literally is a paperweight right now.

I've talked to reps 2 times and both just say.. a box is coming.  I don't plan on getting any new phones yet, especially since I can't get the downpayment on this one back yet.. I refuse to shell out another 200+ on another phone until I get my original money back.

If I knew it would be this difficult I would have kept the 7 activated and at least enjoyed it while I could.. such a mess.  VZW needs to get on the ball with this.. there are a lot of us that aren't getting new phones now that we cant have the one we want.. I've been a customer for like 13years.. so much gratitude on their part huh!

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

please keep us posted... i'm actually opting for your 2nd idea currently

"If I knew it would be this difficult I would have kept the 7 activated and at least enjoyed it while I could.."

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

psionic98,

Returning your Note 7 should be a breeze. Help is here. I'm sending you  a personal message. Please check your inbox.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in the same situation.  Have been billed for the replacement Note7 & it's due to be paid in about a week, but I've been waiting for weeks for a shipping box to be delivered.  The first box only took a few days, and I've been told by two different CS reps on the phone that they ordered a box.  I'm still enjoying my Note7 as best I can before planning to switch to a Note4. 

Still would like to keep my Note7, but don't trust Verizon to either allow me to do so, or if I did to allow me to upgrade to a Note8 later on without a paying a penalty or extra fee.  Also recently discovered the Note7 has developed a stuck green sub-pixel which I find annoying.  Might have kept it otherwise.  Going to a Note4 is an upgrade for me (coming from a Note3) compared to other newer phones IMO, plus I'll still have my upgrade eligibility, and my wife will too in April, so we'll be free to switch to a new carrier if we want by the time a new Note is available.

Horicus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alright Here is how i got my return box,

Go on Twitter, make sure you are following @ VZWSUPPORT and send them a direct message, here was my conversation with them to get the return box for the Note 7 

******(Don't deal with calling in just use Twitter, I have used this several times after using phone support and they always fix the issue right away)

Me - Needing to know how to return my Note 7, I have already swapped to my old phone and the website only gives me the option to upgrade to return

VZW - Great question. You can trade your phone in at any Corporate store in your area. Here is a link with more information on how to trade in your Note 7: . Let us know if you have any additional questions. *MNP

Me - No I am already using my old phone there isn't a phone i want until the Note 8 comes out, I just want to be able to return the note 7, I have been waiting weeks for a return box

VZW - I see why no box has arrived. It's only after you process an upgrade order when you'll receive a special recovery box to return your Note7. While there is no details on upcoming devices, what phone features are most important to you when looking for a new phone? ^DH

Me - Right I don't want a new phone right now, i reactivated my Nokia Icon, now I just need to be able to send back the note 7

VZW - Sounds good to me. To order up a box, we'll need to access the account. Please provide us your full name, along with your mobile number and 4-digit account PIN. ^DH

Me - ( *** Account Information ***) 

It need to be sent to the service address for this number ***-***-*** not the main address on the account

VZW - Thanks for the heads up, Sean. So we'll be shipping this to the *************** address, correct? ^DH

Me - yes

VZW - Perfect. In 3 to 5 days a box will be delivered to you in ********************. Follow the directions inside to send us back the Note7. Is there anything else we can help out with today? ^DH

Me - No that's it Thank you so much

0 Likes
Horicus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also Thanks to

0 Likes