Google/verizon not working together
meowkat148
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using a Note9 and messaging through the Google messages app. I recently discovered I wasn't receiving videos from my husband, who uses Verizon message+. While troubleshooting, I discovered his videos (along with group messages I didn't know i missed) would come through if I went to message+. I thought all was well, but then I discovered I was receiving NOTHING from my friends who are using Google messages (I tried Verizon messages and message+). I spent hours chatting with Verizon with no resolution. Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google/verizon not working together
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meowkat148, it sounds like our assistance is needed here. I'm glad that you caught this issue with your messages and we are here to help. To ensure we are understanding you correctly, you are not receiving any group messages or video messages that come to your phone? Meaning anything MMS related is not coming to any messaging application in your phone. Is that correct? 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
meowkat148
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I did spend quite a bit of time chatting with Verizon on the issue with no resolve.  To be clear: 

When I use the GOOGLE messages app, I do not receive MMS from my husband or others (my husband uses VERIZON message+). 

If I switch to VERIZON message+, I will receive group and video from my husband, but I receive NOTHING (sms or mms) from friends that are using the GOOGLE messages app.

No matter which app I use, I'm not receiving something from someone I text/message all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meowkat148, so are you using a Google FI number or a Google number in addition to your normal Verizon phone number on one phone? 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
meowkat148
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what that is, so I'm guessing no.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Are you able to send videos or other MMS messages to your husband when using Google messages or Message+? Does he get any error on his device when the video doesn't arrive on your phone? 

0 Likes
meowkat148
Enthusiast - Level 2

He receives video/mms from me whether I'm in Google messages or message+. My Google messages app friends receive my video/mms who matter which app I use. When I don't get my husband's video/mms, there is no error, just says "sent", not delivered. The same thing happens with my Google message friends.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Does a similar experience occur when using the standard messaging application on the device?

0 Likes
meowkat148
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am able to receive messages from my husband with the standard messaging app, but not from my Google message app friends.

0 Likes