Has anyone heard that if you get a new samsung phone, that you will be able to upgrade to the new Note 8 or whatever they call it when it is released with no penalty?
RoJaf

I heard a Rumor from Samsung that if you downgrade to another Samsung phone from your note 7, Samsung will waive the term until you upgrade when/if the new Note comes out.  Did anyone else hear that?  If not, I think that would be a great way for Samsung to win back some of their disgruntled customers.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone heard that if you get a new samsung phone, that you will be able to upgrade to the new Note 8 or whatever they call it when it is released with no penalty?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I haven't heard this, though I know it's been asked several hundred times. I can't think of a way this would work smoothly in the coming months because folks across all carriers might have used their upgrade or joined a payment plan, locking them into another 2 year agreement/payment. I agree though, it would be nice if something could be done, but I definitely wouldn't count on it.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone heard that if you get a new samsung phone, that you will be able to upgrade to the new Note 8 or whatever they call it when it is released with no penalty?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may be in reference to what reportedly is being done in South Korea:

Samsung will offer South Korean Note7 owners a chance to buy Note8 or S8 at half price

There are a few other threads about this on the forum as well, if you want to do a search.

Weth
Legend

Yes, so far announced only for Note 7 owners in Samsung's home country of South Korea, and only half price not free.  That is all I have seen published. 

0 Likes