Has anyone received mandatory updates to their S7 last few days???
jsobol12
Enthusiast - Level 2

These last few days, I have received 3 different updates to my Samsung Galaxy S7.  I ignored them at first, but since it wouldn't go away, I continued through and now have completed 3 different updates in a week. I am not certain as to what was updated, however I did notice when I not turn on my phone, after I input my security pattern, it displays a little lock icon that has a progress circle moving around it (says enabling encryption or something like that).  Other than that, I am not sure what exactly this update provided.  If anyone has experienced this or any thoughts, please do chime in.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone received mandatory updates to their S7 last few days???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I never got 3 different updates but did get one. When I checked what was supposed to be in that update it said it was for the Krack security risk that was out there. I have never heard of 3 different updates in a week before. How long did each of the updates take? Have you called Verizon to ask them what they sent out to your phone? By the way with 3 different updates did you clear the cache partition in the recovery mode? Three updates would leave behind a lot of files in your cache partition. 

bearone21
Legend

you only get so long to "do later"!!

shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you know what the version number was on those 3 Different Updates?

Was this the first time you updated your phone since you got it?

jsobol12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,  yes I cleared the cache.  Everything seems to work fine, just found it strange how 3 updates which took approximately 15-20 minutes each had occurred the last few days. I have not contacted Verizon about it but figured I would check this forum first.

0 Likes
jsobol12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply. It has shown three separate updates. I'm wondering if this is merely because last week Verizon sent me a new replacement Galaxy S7 because mine was defective and I had to send back.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

These are security updates and come out monthly.  If your replacement was sitting on the shelf for a few months before getting shipped to you then what you experienced with the updates is normal as the phone was just catching up.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think you maybe right about them being past updates that the phone may have missed since it was sitting on a shelf. Although when I had trouble with my S5 it had missed a few updates by the time I was able to get it to turn on. I used the SUA and all it did was put the last update version number that was available for S5.

Just glad to hear that the phone is working now.