Horrible reception & dropped calls all of a sudden...
kearns03

Hi there,

I have had my Galaxy S4 since Oct 2012 and have never had any issues. All of a sudden, I now have no reception and I drop calls 10 times every 5 minutes. My phone NEVER had issues until about 2 weeks ago. Could it correspond with the recent software update? SO incredibly frustrated, I cant even use it to make calls and the MMS or group texts wont send. Is anyone else out there having this issue?!!

Thanks

Vanessa

0 Likes
Re: Horrible reception & dropped calls all of a sudden...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kearns03, I'm thinking you are referring to the S3 since the S4  just came out in May. The update should make it work better but in some situations we may need to hard reset the device in order to get it to work the way it was intended to work. Has that been done yet?

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shellyd6477

We have iPhone 5's and have had no connection/dropped call issues until recently.The timing seemed to be around the same time those new weather alerts started popping up from the carrier. We now get dropped calls all of the time where we never did before. Any known solutions out there? This has gone on for well over a month now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy the most reliable service shellyd6477! What is your zip code? How often are you power cycling your devices? Does this happen in more than one area? We will figure this out!

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kj0407

Also having the same problem. I switched to Verizon because I didn't get any service at my house with my former cell phone company. Had great service until Recently I can't maintain a coversation without loosing the person several times. Also have an iPhone 5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kj0407,

Dropped calls are a serious no-no in our neck of the woods. And we want you to have service all of the time. May I ask if this is only indoors or if you're just referring to your home area? If it's only indoors, I do have to be honest in saying that no wireless provider can guarantee coverage indoors due to building material and other environmental factors. However, we do have indoor solutions to help http://bit.ly/AKkC

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes