Hotspot/Teathering absurdly slow
LeClair63

Have a Galaxy S8+ and i use it regularly for my laptop's wifi while at work. Suddenly today the connection is extremely spotty and borderline unusable.

Before it comes up i'll add that I have been over the 22GB threshold for about a week and has not been slow until tonight. I live in the middle of nowhere and it's 2:53 in the morning as i type this so it's not like Verizon is struggling to get all 6 people awake in the area equal service.

I've tried pretty much everything. Reset devise several times. Laptop several times. Tried tethering and mobile wifi.  When i run a speed test on my phone i get about 17mbps down and about 600kbps up. But on my laptop, I'm getting something in the range of 100kbps-320kbps down and 720kbps up(Both sides have a ping around 50ms)

I've also set my phone to use the 5ghz band as well as 2.4ghz.

Just trying to figure out why it was working just fine at 9 am but at 11pm-now(3 am) it's been absolutely unusable. I can't even get Facebook to load properly, it took me almost a minute and a half just to get this page to load so I could type this all up complaining about this.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot/Teathering absurdly slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do thank you for reaching out to us for assistance, LeClair63. I want to make sure that your concerns are properly answered. If you are on the Unlimited Data Plan and have exceeded 15GB of usage, mobile hotspot feeds will be reduced to up to 600 Kbps speeds for the rest of the cycle. I do apologize for this inconvenience. You can find this outlined here under #6: http://spr.ly/6587DGV7J

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes