How Do I Change Wallpaper After the Nougat Update?
MartinJ

Does anyone know how I can add wallpaper from my gallery in Samsung Themes? Since Nougat update I don't see an option to select from my gallery. Frustrating!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing wallpaper after Nougat update
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Since the update to Nougat things changed and are annoying with respect to changing the wallpaper. It's definitely not as clear cut and intuitive.

If you select a theme from the Samsung theme store then wallpapers for both the home screen and lock screen will be automatically set. You can manually change the home screen wallpaper via the Samsung themes by on the Wallpapers page. Samsung offers options but at the top there is the "My wallpapers" to pick from. Not sure what folder this pulls the images out of but on my phone it doesn't give me all of my existing images to pick from. When you click on the image you are prompted as to whether it is for the home screen, lock screen, or both. In my case due to my preferred image not appearing even though it is present on my phone I instead use the Gallery app and scroll through all my images where all the images on my phone do actually show up. I click on the image I wish to use to view it and then click on the 3 stacked dots in the top right corner and select to use as wallpaper. Again as with the theme store I am prompted whether I wish to use it as my home screen, lock screen, or both. Using Google Photos you find and select the image, click to view, click on the stacked dots in the top right corner, select "Use as" and are then prompted to complete the action with numerous choices again including using for the home screen, lock screen, or both.

HTH

View solution in original post

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Since the update to Nougat things changed and are annoying with respect to changing the wallpaper. It's definitely not as clear cut and intuitive.

If you select a theme from the Samsung theme store then wallpapers for both the home screen and lock screen will be automatically set. You can manually change the home screen wallpaper via the Samsung themes by on the Wallpapers page. Samsung offers options but at the top there is the "My wallpapers" to pick from. Not sure what folder this pulls the images out of but on my phone it doesn't give me all of my existing images to pick from. When you click on the image you are prompted as to whether it is for the home screen, lock screen, or both. In my case due to my preferred image not appearing even though it is present on my phone I instead use the Gallery app and scroll through all my images where all the images on my phone do actually show up. I click on the image I wish to use to view it and then click on the 3 stacked dots in the top right corner and select to use as wallpaper. Again as with the theme store I am prompted whether I wish to use it as my home screen, lock screen, or both. Using Google Photos you find and select the image, click to view, click on the stacked dots in the top right corner, select "Use as" and are then prompted to complete the action with numerous choices again including using for the home screen, lock screen, or both.

HTH

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

There's another way to access the themes & wallpapers, as well. Pinch while viewing the home screen and the option to acesss Wallpapers themes will appear as well. If you select one of the listed images from your phone or from the Samsung theme store then you will be prompted as to whether you want it for the home screen, lock screen, or both.

As noted in my previous reply, using the Samsung theme store only sees some of the images on my phone so that method didn't work for me. I used the Gallery app to locate and set the home and lock screen wallpapers.

0 Likes