How are people getting the Note 8 delivered so early?
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen several people posting confirmation of shipments of the Note 8 on the 5th! How?

0 Likes
Re: How are people getting the Note 8 delivered so early?
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

It is not uncommon for shipping to take place ahead of time providing a tracking number. Most of the time these devices are held by FedEx until launch day. This happened to me a few years ago. It's possible they will get them early, but it doesn't usually happen that way!

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be nice!!

0 Likes
LORHOW13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My delivery date says the 5th. If I don't receive it by end of business day on the 5th I will post.

0 Likes
Nanax14
Enthusiast - Level 2

My tracking says that it will be delivered on the 5th also, by 4:30 pm!!! Can't wait

0 Likes
LSeaborn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is already in route to be delivered on Tuesday! I ordered the first day!!

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my tracking info for FedEx this morning! Shows delivery on the 5th!

Yea!!

0 Likes
CDN2USA
Enthusiast - Level 2

9-5

I was a 7 owner anyone else, is that the simularity?

0 Likes
jdrumm
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are literally hundreds of reports on /r/GalaxyNote8 and xda-developers.com of individuals receiving shipment notifications from Verizon with delivery dates of 9/5, with orders placed as recently as 9/2.

I'm one of them and happen to have been an erstwhile Note 7 owner. The same is not true for all reports, however; some have switched from other providers, and others are already VZW customers but not previous Note 7 owners.

Shipment this early before the official release date is somewhat atypical for Verizon, but not unheard of. I do think (in this case especially) it will generate a great deal of goodwill with their customers, and at the same time keeping those that actually have Notes in-hand on the 5th from paying much attention to Apple's 9/12 announcements.

PS. BGR.com claims to have an official response from Verizon that the Note 8 is shipping early.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Don't hold your breath folks.  This is SOP.  Carriers take the orders and release to Shipper, who is not allowed to ship until 2 days before the release day of 9/15.  Some will arrive a day early, just luck of the draw.

0 Likes