Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

How are people getting the Note 8 delivered so early?
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast

I have seen several people posting confirmation of shipments of the Note 8 on the 5th! How?

0 Likes
Re: How are people getting the Note 8 delivered so early?
bbrdtylr
Contributor

It is not uncommon for shipping to take place ahead of time providing a tracking number. Most of the time these devices are held by FedEx until launch day. This happened to me a few years ago. It's possible they will get them early, but it doesn't usually happen that way!

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast

It would be nice!!

0 Likes
LORHOW13
Enthusiast

My delivery date says the 5th. If I don't receive it by end of business day on the 5th I will post.

0 Likes
Nanax14
Enthusiast

My tracking says that it will be delivered on the 5th also, by 4:30 pm!!! Can't wait

0 Likes
LSeaborn
Enthusiast

Mine is already in route to be delivered on Tuesday! I ordered the first day!!

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast

I got my tracking info for FedEx this morning! Shows delivery on the 5th!

Yea!!

0 Likes
CDN2USA
Enthusiast

9-5

I was a 7 owner anyone else, is that the simularity?

0 Likes
jdrumm
Enthusiast

There are literally hundreds of reports on /r/GalaxyNote8 and xda-developers.com of individuals receiving shipment notifications from Verizon with delivery dates of 9/5, with orders placed as recently as 9/2.

I'm one of them and happen to have been an erstwhile Note 7 owner. The same is not true for all reports, however; some have switched from other providers, and others are already VZW customers but not previous Note 7 owners.

Shipment this early before the official release date is somewhat atypical for Verizon, but not unheard of. I do think (in this case especially) it will generate a great deal of goodwill with their customers, and at the same time keeping those that actually have Notes in-hand on the 5th from paying much attention to Apple's 9/12 announcements.

PS. BGR.com claims to have an official response from Verizon that the Note 8 is shipping early.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

Don't hold your breath folks.  This is SOP.  Carriers take the orders and release to Shipper, who is not allowed to ship until 2 days before the release day of 9/15.  Some will arrive a day early, just luck of the draw.

0 Likes