How can I unlock a Samsung Galaxy Note 4?
jon987

I bought a samsung galaxy note 4 on verizon that appears to be locked to verizon, How can I unlock this or will verizon help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: just bought a samsung galaxy note 4 on verizon that appears to be locked to verizon, how can i unlock it?
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't have any codes as they come unlocked. The devices are unlocked. If it was locked the device would actually kick up a place to put an unlock code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: just bought a samsung galaxy note 4 on verizon that appears to be locked to verizon, how can i unlock it?
Tidbits
Legend

If it is from Verizon then it is already unlocked. If it is locked for any reason then it may be due to theft or nonpayment while the phone was on a Verizon line, but even then I have not heard that actually happening since block c rules went into effect.

0 Likes
jon987

Thank you for the reply.  We thought it was odd that it is from Verizon but will not get any service or anything with other sim cards.   We have ran the IMEI number thru about 3 different web sites that claim to know stolen or locked phones and this one comes up clean each time.  would this have anything to do with what update it is running.   It is on

the android version 5.0.1

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you input the correct APN?  Don't know why it isn't working because due to block C Verizon can't lock phones.

0 Likes
jon987

we did double check the apns.   We have also dealt with other phones that were unlocked and used on another carrier and immediately after putting in the other sim cards the phone (just phone) would work and the status line would show some service.   This would not even show service or working phone part.  Each store kept saying it is a working phone but locked to verizon.  (which works fine on verizon)   were there phones that verizon has not unlocked or need the customer to call them about?   or running an older android version be an issue?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Since block c rules roughly 4 years ago Verizon has not locked devices as the rules stipulates. Verizon will not be able to help you because by law the phone has to be unlocked. Due to that they don't have any sim unlock codes.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Being on an older version isn't going to matter. They were unlocked since the day the phone was sold.

0 Likes
jon987

Thank you,  would you know of any settings that are preventing the phone from even getting service from any carrier but verizon.  

0 Likes
jon987

was just reading another article and it suggest I need to ask verizon for a sim unlock code for the note 4?  Does this sound right?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't have any codes as they come unlocked. The devices are unlocked. If it was locked the device would actually kick up a place to put an unlock code.

0 Likes