How do I get voicemail notification on my S8?
KIMVIN93
Enthusiast - Level 2

A friend just told me my voicemail box is full.  I don't have any notification indicating I have any voicemail.  I looked at my Notifications under Settings and Voicemail is On.  I went to *86 and searched for a prompt and didn't find one.  Please help.  There is a previous post addressing this, but it was resolved by a private message. [removed]

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Re: How do I get voicemail notification on my S8?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a Verizon Wireless branded S8 or the unlocked model? Do you use visual voicemail or the basic non-visual voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KIMVIN93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I have an S8 I bought from Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you opened the voicemail application pre-installed on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KIMVIN93
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only Voicemail app I have on the phone is Verizon Visual Voicemail, which I thought there is a charge to use.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a charge for the premium version of visual voicemail. The basic visual voicemail is FREE.

0 Likes
KIMVIN93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have several questions. Can you call me instead of the back and forth of emails. I’d rather get to the bottom of it now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not a Verizon Wireless employee. I'm just another customer like yourself.

You can reach Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

You can also review the FAQs. Voicemail FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
KIMVIN93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had been using that app previously and had declined the premium upgrade long ago. Somehow it was turned off, but the Settings notification was still on for it.

Thank you for your time.

Kim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KIMVIN93, help is here as I can assist with your concerns regarding your voicemail. I know how important this feature is to have so let's get this fixed. Ann154, as always, your help is the best. Thanks so much for all that you do. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes