How do I receive notifications that I have a voicemail on a Samsung Galaxy S5?
Hurdlegurl
Enthusiast - Level 1

On a Samsung Galaxy S5 I have the voicemail icon I can click on to check my voicemail messages. I have set it up and personalized it. This is basic voicemail. However, I cannot find a way for a notification to pop up if I have an unread voicemail message. I tried going through the prompts when calling my voicemail as I've seen suggested, but after choosing 4 for personal options, 1 is not an option to change notifications. Please help. I need a visual way to see that I have a new message waiting for me. Is subscribing to visual voicemail the only way? Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I receive notifications that I have a voicemail on a Samsung Galaxy S5?
sharieg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I just figured this out as I'm having the same issue.  Try this.........call your voicemail  (hard press #1 on your phone)and put in passcode, press 4 for personal options, 2 for admin options, 4  then 2 for envelope information.   If it's turned off, turn it on!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I receive notifications that I have a voicemail on a Samsung Galaxy S5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Hurdlegurl,

I hope you have been enjoying your Samsung Galaxy S5. I rely on notifications to let me know when I have a message waiting, as I do not check it often. Let's make sure we can get those notifications working. Please access the voicemail application, select the menu icon, and select Settings. From the next screen, please ensure "Use notification settings for voicemail notifications" is checked. Keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jpcamaro70

I'm having the same issues now with visual voicemail.  I will not get any notifications of voicemail left.  In the voicemail app I have notification set to ON.  In fact, the only way to access a voicemail is to go into the app and swipe to have the voicemails pushed to the phone.

Can someone help me with this?  I pay for this and it doesn't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpcamaro70,

I am sorry your notifications are not working. Do you also have a Samsung Galaxy S5? If so, try this... http://vz.to/1pcweB3 Have you ever received voicemail notifications before? Have you done any software or application updates since the last voicemail notification you have received? Does you device show you are connected to data?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sharieg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I just figured this out as I'm having the same issue.  Try this.........call your voicemail  (hard press #1 on your phone)and put in passcode, press 4 for personal options, 2 for admin options, 4  then 2 for envelope information.   If it's turned off, turn it on!

0 Likes
tmgibs79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. The only way to tell if you have voicemail is to call your voicemail. Envelope information is turned on already. I just have to say this is my last Android phone. I thought I was getting an upgrade to the Samsung S5 and it is unless you want to get messages, voicemail and phone calls. It might not be so bad if Verizon and Samsung hadn't loaded this thing with so much bloatware but just the notifications you get from their garbage makes a poorly designed device all but unusable. What is the point of having a phone if you never hear the messages when you are wearing a headset and you have to jump through hoops to find out that someone left a message on your voicemail.

What does it mean go to your voicemail app? Verizon and the people that work for it are a barrier to communication.

mcostan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a voicemail but the notification was on my phone app. The voicemail did not show up in my voicemail app at all even though I have the visual voicemail. 

I just got a newer model phone of what I had (Moto) and expected the features to be the same. God forbid I need to receive an important message from a physician or something. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, @mcostan! It is certainly important to be able to receive the voicemail notification accurately. We are sorry to see you are having trouble with the notifications. Usually the notifications will appear and take you directly to the voicemail. How did you receive this notification exactly?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
mcostan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instead of getting the notification on my voicemail app, I got it on my phone app. It also didn't come up as a missed call. 

All I know is I turned my phone on and there were no notifications on voicemail. I usually see them, click the app icon, and am taken to my list of voicemails. 

This time a script popped up telling me to dial the version number where my voicemails are. I had to put in my code, which I hadn't used in so long I'm surprised I remembered it. Then it played the voicemail that didn't show up on my voicemail icon. 

It appears I'm getting notifications two different ways. My voicemail used to be reliable, now I wonder how many I'm missing. Where are they going?

I didn't have this problem with my old phone but I think it has more to do with the set up through Verizon than my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, mcostan. Have you attempted to set these notifications up in the Settinsg of your device? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes