How do I set my device to automatically update to different time zones?
hamishelspeth

My samsung galaxy s4 does not update to different time zones. This is a new problem in the last 3 weeks. It is set to allow automatic updating date and time from the network.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Time update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hamishelspeth,

Your time should be problem free! Please make sure that your settings reflect to allow automatic updates from the time zone instead of date & time. Follow the directions below:

From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
Note These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap Settings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap Date and time.

To use network-provided values, select the following:
Note Enabled when a check mark is present.
Automatic date & time

Automatic time zone

If not using network-provided values, perform the following to adjust date & time manually:
Tap Set date.

Adjust the date then tap OK.

Tap Set time.

Adjust the time then tap OK.

Tap Select time zone.

Select the time zone.

If desired, tap Use 24-hour format.

Tap Select date format.

Select the date format.

Keep us posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Time update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hamishelspeth,

Your time should be problem free! Please make sure that your settings reflect to allow automatic updates from the time zone instead of date & time. Follow the directions below:

From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
Note These instructions apply to Standard mode only.

Tap Settings.

Tap Date and time.

To use network-provided values, select the following:
Automatic date & time

Automatic time zone

If not using network-provided values, perform the following to adjust date & time manually:
Tap Set date.

Adjust the date then tap OK.

Tap Set time.

Adjust the time then tap OK.

Tap Select time zone.

Select the time zone.

If desired, tap Use 24-hour format.

Tap Select date format.

Select the date format.

Keep us posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes