How long will Note 3 be safe to use?
veacct4

The last software update was January 2017. Since there hasn't been any more security updates, is this device still safe to use? And for how long will it be considered safe to use before the OS becomes too outdated?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How long will Note 3 be safe to use?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@veacct4

Having a reliable and stable device for you to use on our wireless network is one of our top priorities. With that being said, I’d like to address your wireless concerns.

You are correct. The latest software available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was released in January of this year, 2017. We work directly with the manufacturers to ensure devices used on our networks have the latest software so that they can work efficiently on our network. Although I don’t have any information on any upcoming security software updates for this device, you can stay informed on upcoming updates by visiting here: http://vz.to/2fnU4AT.

In the meantime, are you experiencing any problems with your Note 3 device that would prompt this concern? I’d like to help.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@veacct4

Having a reliable and stable device for you to use on our wireless network is one of our top priorities. With that being said, I’d like to address your wireless concerns.

You are correct. The latest software available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was released in January of this year, 2017. We work directly with the manufacturers to ensure devices used on our networks have the latest software so that they can work efficiently on our network. Although I don’t have any information on any upcoming security software updates for this device, you can stay informed on upcoming updates by visiting here: http://vz.to/2fnU4AT.

In the meantime, are you experiencing any problems with your Note 3 device that would prompt this concern? I’d like to help.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have some kind of anti virus downloaded to your phone?

0 Likes