I can't access my contacts anymore. There has been no recent software update to the device and I also ran it in "safe mode" to see if it's app related, but the issue is still there. I don't know what else to do.
ceukel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been online to troubleshoot, but I can't find the right fix for my phone. I've had it for over a year now, and it just started doing this. When I tap on the "phone" app or "contacts" app, I get the same error message, "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped"

Re: I can't access my contacts anymore. There has been no recent software update to the device and I also ran it in "safe mode" to see if it's app related, but the issue is still there. I don't know what else to do.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to access all of your contacts, Ceukel. Let's look into this more. What kind of phone do you have? What were you doing on your phone prior to you first noticing this?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I can't access my contacts anymore. There has been no recent software update to the device and I also ran it in "safe mode" to see if it's app related, but the issue is still there. I don't know what else to do.
bearone21
Legend

are your contacts in gmail??

0 Likes
leadfoot66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try deleting some old voice mails, if you have any. That fixed mine for some strange reason.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to provide all of the options out there, error comes up by going to the Contacts app, rather than the shortcut on the main home screen. So tap Apps, and swipe until you see contacts. Open that up. If there are no errors going this route, then head back to the home screen and longpress on contacts and drag it to the "remove" trash bin.
Finally, head back into apps, long press contacts there and slide it to the home page.
David_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes