I have unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S5, will it work on Verizon?
ioceanu
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S5, will it work on Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing your options is important ioceanu! Unfortunately, a T-Mobile device is not compatible to be activated on our network. I understand the device has been unlocked, however, our network is not compatible with the device. I apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Not if you actually plan to make calls or text with it. Nor will you get 4G speeds. Verizon uses CDMA for calls and texting. T-Mobile phones do not have CDMA radios in them since they use GSM. And they use different frequencies for 4G LTE so the best you'll get is HSPA+

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing your options is important ioceanu! Unfortunately, a T-Mobile device is not compatible to be activated on our network. I understand the device has been unlocked, however, our network is not compatible with the device. I apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Mrniceguy is correct. Here is an article for you about Verizon, T-Mobile, and at&t. What works and what doesn't work.

After you read it, you will see that Verizon phones are better to have.

Check it out. Its a great article by CNET.

http://www.cnet.com/news/will-a-verizon-moto-x-really-work-on-at-t-and-t-mobile/

0 Likes