I just started getting duplicate message on my Note 4. How do I stop this?
MyMadison

I just started getting duplicate messages from everyone.  I have cleared the cache, unchecked the notification box, did a reboot but to no avail. Can I get some help in resolving this annoying matter?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just started getting duplicate message on my Note 4. How do I stop this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MyMadison, I'm sure these duplicate text messages are becoming a bother. Assistance is here. Definitely appreciate all the information you have provided as well as the steps that our community has provided. You are all headed in the right direction. This sounds like it is in the realm of some form of a software issue but to truly be sure of that, we must test it out. Put the device in Safe Mode to temporarily deactivate all 3rd party applications. Then test the issue by sending the text messages to see if the duplicates are there. Here are the steps for Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1JaCPHf.  If duplicates stop during safe mode, you know it is a 3rd party application causing this issue. It would be best to proceed with master reset unless you can pin point which app is causing the issue.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of messages? Text messages, Email, another application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I just started getting duplicate message on my Note 4.  How do I stop this?
MyMadison

Text messages

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it a double notification or an actual double delivery in the text message application? Are you using the text message application that is set as the default application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MyMadison

An actual double delivery in the text message app.  Yes, I am using the text message app. that is set as the default app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MyMadison, I'm sure these duplicate text messages are becoming a bother. Assistance is here. Definitely appreciate all the information you have provided as well as the steps that our community has provided. You are all headed in the right direction. This sounds like it is in the realm of some form of a software issue but to truly be sure of that, we must test it out. Put the device in Safe Mode to temporarily deactivate all 3rd party applications. Then test the issue by sending the text messages to see if the duplicates are there. Here are the steps for Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1JaCPHf.  If duplicates stop during safe mode, you know it is a 3rd party application causing this issue. It would be best to proceed with master reset unless you can pin point which app is causing the issue.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MyMadison

Hello Natasha, the safe mode worked!!  No more duplicate text messages, THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
MyMadison

Hello Natasha, the safe mode method worked!! No more duplicate text

messages, Thank You so much!!

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
bsvaton

Did you ever figure out a permanent fix? My Note 4 began doing this today after I updated many apps.  I tried uninstalling messenger and it is my only messenger so I am curious if you found a fix for it besides putting in safe mode

0 Likes
MyMadison

I hate to tell you this but my Note 4 started doing the duplicate messages again. However what I did find out is that if I don't use Verizon's message app and use a different one the duplicate messages stop. So in my opinion this is a Verizon issue.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes