I'm not receiving all texts in group text messages
Nighsun
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last 24hrs I'm not receiving all the text messages in my group texts. Some messages come in but not all. It's not one group in particular and it's not one person in particular. My husband is part of one of the groups and showed my the group text on his phone and I didn't get some of the messages in the group like he did. Another group is from work where I'm also missing some of the texts that others got in the group. Please help! This is very irritating and inconvenient!

Labels (1)
Re: I'm not receiving all texts in group text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nightsun, your messages are always important to us and we know that they are sent for a reason. We are sorry to hear that you have been missing some and want to get to the bottom of this. Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software recently? Which make and model phone do you have? Have you happened to notice if this happens when connected to Wi-Fi? Any issue sending messages?  -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nighsun
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I've only added one new app, not in the last 24hrs but in  the last week. And I have a Samsung Galaxy s10e. I haven't noticed if its during wifi or not. And I don't think I have issues sending, it doesn't show an error or anything when I send. Thank you for responding so fast
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nightsun, these are great details. Changes do not necessarily need to have been instant to affect the service but let's try some standard ways to fix this before w assume that this is related to the new app. Please go to the Settings app, Tap Apps, Tap More settings (the 3 dots to the upper right), select your messaging app for group messages, and then select force Stop. Once complete, please power the phone off and back on and then do some testing for us please. 

-LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nighsun
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I did it: I selected force stop on messaging and then restarted my phone. I checked my messages and the missing messages haven't appeared yet (not sure if they ever will or not, but thought I'd check before responding to you).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the trouble, Nighsun. Any change after trying that? Also, do you know if your husband's phone or some of your coworkers are using iPhones? - Henry

0 Likes
SheenaDee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue where I receive messages from 2 people in a group text, but not any from the 3rd person.  But I receive messages that she sends to me individually. This just recently started to be a problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, Android.  I am trying the tips you provided the other person, but not sure that helped yet.  Should the missing messages appear after doing that or would it only fix the problem for new messages? Any other tips? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SheenaDee, thanks for reaching out to us about this. I am more than happy to help in any way possible. When did this start? Is the software up to date?-Dia

0 Likes
SheenaDee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  The first time I noticed it was on May 4th and it is only one person's messages that were not coming through on that chat; there are a total of 4 of us in the group.  I apply all updates that I receive notice of so I 'guess' it is up-to-date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SheenaDee, that is odd to hear that only one person's messages are not coming through on the one chat. Have you tried to delete that chat thread and start a new one with the group? If not, please try and see what occurs. 

-Christine

0 Likes