If you purchased Note7 online, go to a Corporate Store (not Authorized Retailer)
rusrach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased my Note7 through Verizon's website. I spoke with someone in Customer Service last night and he said I had to go to a Corporate Store where they would issue me an S7 and then when the new Note7s come in, I could go back to that Corporate Store to exchange the S7 for the new Note7.

I called one of the local Corporate Stores today and the manager that answered told me the same thing as above. I went to the store and everything went pretty smoothly. I was hoping to get an S7 Edge, but they were out, so I got an S7. The lady that helped me made notes in my record that I wanted to come back and get a Note7 and they even took my name/number down to call me when they finally get the Note7s in stock (that's what the manager there wanted to do - don't know how many other managers will do that). They won't be able to place a hold on a new phone for me, but at least I won't have to call them every single day (maybe just once per week). We'll see how this ends up working out, but at least I have a different temporary phone.

To find a Corporate Store near you, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Store Locator. Type in your location and check the box that says "Do not include Authorized Retailer."

0 Likes
Re: If you purchased Note7 online, go to a Corporate Store (not Authorized Retailer)
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been to a corporate store and they are refusing to give out loaners. They only will refund and sell you a new phone. They say to hang on to the Note 7 and wait for the replacements if I want to stay with the Note 7. It seems they have never even heard of a "J-phone" before.

0 Likes
Re: If you purchased Note7 online, go to a Corporate Store (not Authorized Retailer)
Tidbits
Legend

Just take the information to them and point it out.  They are required by law to comply and you can hold the store liable as long as they violate the recalls.  Just because it says Verizon on the top doesn't mean it's a corporate store.  Honestly let them refund you and then buy a new phone.  Make sure they do a refund and is marked as a refund.  You are only allowed 1 exchange, and if you buy a new device you still have that one exchange and can switch to the Note 7.  If the new Note 7 doesn't come before the end of the 14 days do a return.  Rinse and repeat until they actually comply with giving you a loaner because that costs them more than just giving you any kind of loaner.

Samsung Galaxy J3 V | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My local news just said that the recall is now "official", and this article was just posted (which includes updated links to Samsung's site, as well as cpsc):

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/09/15/official-samsung-recall-cpsc-kicks-off-imei-checker-number-inci...

Tidbits
Legend

correct take that and tell them fix it, or they'll be held liable, and the CPSC would love to talk to them if they don't.

rusrach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that sucks and is ridiculous. When did you go to that store? I think the double exchange my store is doing for me didn't start until Friday.

0 Likes
rusrach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm so glad this finally happened! Hopefully this will help get everything moving a bit more.

My guess is that this hasn't been better communicated because there really are different processes for the corporate stores vs the authorized retailers (which I guess could ALL have different processes since they are independently owned and operated). So frustrating.

0 Likes
rusrach
Enthusiast - Level 2

"In recent weeks, since the phone first launched and was sold to customers, Samsung has received 92 reports of batteries overheating in the US alone. Of those 92, 26 were reports of burns caused by exploding batteries, while another 55 were reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage. Again, those are only reports in the US, so you can imagine how many there could be globally."

Wow! I would highlight this part for anyone that doesn't want to help you! SMH.

0 Likes
jbayer6322

Last Saturday I was told I could exchange it for any phone they had in stock. I asked about the loaner and the manager said that as of that time Verizon had not decided to continue to carry the Note 7 and that is why they were not giving out loaners. I asked about the IPhone 7 and was told if it was in stock I could exchange my Note for it. The only downside is I would lose the $25 which was only I stayed with Samsung.

0 Likes