In Australia, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 through Telstra network. Will I be able to use this with Verizon when I return to America?
hamilton3663

It accepts 4G freq. of 1800, 2600...3G freq at 850, 900, 2100, and GSM at 850, 900, 1800, 1900.

Will it be compatible? And how well will it work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: In Australia, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 through Telstra network. Will I be able to use this with Verizon when I return to America?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it won't work on the Verizon Wireless network. It isn't compatible with the CDMA network used for voice on Verizon Wireless.

It should work on a GSM carrier in the USA like AT&T and T-Mobile if the device is SIM unlocked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: In Australia, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 through Telstra network. Will I be able to use this with Verizon when I return to America?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it won't work on the Verizon Wireless network. It isn't compatible with the CDMA network used for voice on Verizon Wireless.

It should work on a GSM carrier in the USA like AT&T and T-Mobile if the device is SIM unlocked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hamilton3663

Crap, that's not good. Would any device that is from Telstra work? I'm

thinking that I may be able to trade it for a compatible one. Would maybe

an iPhone 4s or any of the iPhone 5's from Telstra work?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Telstra uses GSM. Verizon Wireless is CDMA/LTE

0 Likes
hamilton3663

I thought most new phones were made to be GSM & CDMA compatible? I know my

iPhone 4s that was originally purchased from Verizon had no problem working

with Telstra in Australia. Is that just not the case when going from

Telstra to Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can make a CDMA phone global ready for GSM networks, but you can't make a GSM only device compatible with the CDMA networks. Besides the IMEI number of your GSM phone isn't in the Verizon Wireless database of compatible devices.

0 Likes