Intermittent network drop for Galaxy S7
djcase77
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband has a Galaxy S7 and since the last update April 8, 2020, it drops network connection and it is becoming more and more frequent.  There are other devices that also run on this network and do not have any connection issues.  I have done all of the low hanging "troubleshooting" from rebooting EVERYTHING to a wipe of the cache partition and it is STILL dropping.  For two months now, we have paid a lot of money for unacceptable service.  I don't see how this is a problem with my internet as there are other devices that run just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent network drop for Galaxy S7
bearone21
Legend

you didn't mention it but try re-booting.

0 Likes
djcase77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks but I did mention that.  

0 Likes
djcase77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should have know this was not going to get any resolution.  I convinced my husband years ago to switch to Verizon under my plan and now I'm starting to regret it.  Over the years, I can't even say that this is the best network and definitely not customer service, online or in person.  I continue with frustration and pay a ton of money for a quarter of the service - and that's with my employee discount.  Paying top prices for inadequate service is all that I'm getting. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, djcase77. We know how important it is to stay connected, and we are here to help. Is your husband still having these issues with his device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
djcase77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, he has been having this issue since April.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djcase77

This is definitely not the experience we want for you. Keeping you connected is always our goal. That said, I'd like to help. Where are you located  (zip code)? Which services are impacted (calls, texts, data)?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
djcase77
Enthusiast - Level 1

My zip is 43062. Calls and texts are functioning it is the constant dropping odd our home network. It isn't our network because my daughter and I do not have any issue and I did follow up with CenturyLink as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Djcase77, how far away from home would you say you have to go before service improves? Besides your Husband, do you know if this is impacting others that are in your area also? Have you tried your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue still arises? If not, no worries! Here’s how: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/  

-Takendra

0 Likes
djcase77
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband only uses our WiFi so I can't answer that question. My daughter and I use our laptops as well as our phones and don't get disconnected from our WiFi. Yes, I have already tried running it in safe mode so I know it isn't a specific app because it still dropped.

0 Likes