Intermittent problems receiving texts
rwb61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I occasionally have problems with people sending me texts - I simply don't receive them, ever, and they aren't notified of a failure.  The only way I learn of it is when they ask why I haven't responded to something. 

It happens across multiple senders - that is, with multiple users, and multiple phone types, and multiple carriers - I *most* texts - but some fail - hard to put a percentage on it, but maybe 10%?

Have updated software, tried three different messenger apps (Samsung, Android, Messages+), all have the same issue.

I've tried a soft reset and cleared cache, still occurs.

I've heard of other Galaxy S7 users having similar issues.  Is there a fix or something that I should look for?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent problems receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rwb61, I would be just as concerned with an issue affecting my text messages as well. We are here to help out. Did this start from the very onset of upgrading to your new S7? What phone model did you use previously? To confirm, are the received messages coming from different types of phones, such as Apple and Android based phones?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rwb61
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not clear when it started - because there's no indication on either side that it wasn't delivered  - but I didn't hear anyone mention until perhaps two months ago?  (Have had the phone for about a year.)

I had an Apple Iphone previously.

Yes, the lost messages come from both Android and Apple phones, and it's only periodic - I might receive any number of text messages from a user, then I'll miss some from them, then delivery will resume.  It's very intermittent.

deloused
Master - Level 3

You are not alone, Samsung has reported that they're investigating those messaging issues, as it's affecting multiple model types. Hopefully they'll be able to solve that bug with a app/software update soon.

Some Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus owners are randomly missing text messages

rwb61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for this.

Very frustrating - I learned that I missed texts from 4 different people on Sunday alone.  Samsung is ruining my social life (

Verizon, anything to add here?  Do I have any recourse?

BRAHAR100
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem with my S7.

I can text myself from my Skype account and I get maybe 70% of the texts.

I frequently miss important texts now.

I have never had this kind of problem before.

I use Android Messages

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRAHAR100-

Texting is my number 1 form of communication, so I can't even imagine how frustrating this is. I'm on the scene and eager to help right away. How long has this been going on? When this started, do you remember making any changes to your device (new software update, new applications, etc)? Do you notice any pattern with the text messages you're not receiving (specific number, type of phone, etc)?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes