Is Samsung working on 5.1 or 5.1.1 update cause 5.0 update has destroyed my phone
Gib75090

after the last update my phone restarts on its on, the UI and other apps keep crashing, (GPS)VZ navigator nor  google maps work, The battery drains fast now I cant even get 5 hours of use out of it were I use to get close to 12 to 13 ours out of it. And its slow supper slow… I have factory wipe the phones 4 times , tried not adding any extra apps to it & disable animations still have constant issue since the update to android  5.0  … Am I the only one with these issue

0 Likes
Re: Is Samsung working on 5.1 or 5.1.1 update cause 5.0 update has destroyed my phone
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Under settings>battery what are the top few things using the battery and at what %?

0 Likes
Re: Is Samsung working on 5.1 or 5.1.1 update cause 5.0 update has destroyed my phone
Gib75090

Android OS ,Android system, and screen

0 Likes
Re: Is Samsung working on 5.1 or  5.1.1 update cause 5.0 update has destroyed my phone
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you go into settings>back up and restore and disable app restore and app data back up before doing a factory reset?

0 Likes
Re: Is Samsung working on 5.1 or  5.1.1 update cause 5.0 update has destroyed my phone
Gib75090

Yes the factory reset I did were clean  resets  disabling the auto Backup Restore feature before resetting device when I got the promt that lollipop gives you to restore from previous device or new I selected new .... I did a restore why didn't add any apps and just let the pre installed apps update I did a reset ride only allowed to core Google App to update ...even reset it and use a completely different Gmail instead the one I always use,

0 Likes
Gib75090

Yes the factory resets I did were clean  resets  disabling the auto Backup Restore feature before resetting device when I got the promt that lollipop gives you to restore from previous device or new I selected new .... I did a *reset where I didn't add any apps and just let the pre installed apps update I did a reset *were I only allowed *the core Google Apps to update ...even reset it and use a completely different Gmail instead the one I always use,

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Depending on how long you've had the device, you can do a manufactures warrant; it's good for 12 months from date of purchase. A factory reset, disabling app restore and back up should have cleared the issues. It's concerning when the OS is listed as the top used app in the battery.

0 Likes
Gib75090

Okay

0 Likes
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

, yes android 5.1.1 started rolling out for the Note 4 in Russia the first week of July and other just hit the Sprint Galaxy Note Edge, a Note 4 variant. It shouldn't be long. But check your Note 4 today, there is a new 5.0.1 update (vru2of1) rolling out OTA today.

0 Likes