Issues with OK Google texting on S5
Redfish542

Recently purchased a new s5, and I've been very happy with it, but I'm having trouble with the "OK Google" voice command related to texting.  Once I ask for a text to be sent, it asks me "Here's your text, are you ready to send it?", and I respond "yes".  However, the prompt is repeated after I answer yes.  I've tried other contacts to text, and different responses like "sure" and "send it", but nothing has worked.  If I answer no, the text will be cancelled, but I can't get a voice command to work to send the the text; it keeps repeating "Here's your text, are you ready to send it?".   I've also tried allowing Google Now to run, but that didn't help either.  I know I can use S voice to send texts, but I'd like to use OK Google the same way.  I'm currently running version 4.4.2.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Jason

0 Likes
Re: Issues with OK Google texting on S5
GVT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with a new out of the box Motorola Maxx.  Go to Google store, click menu, (upper left corner, 3 bars)  and update all apps, especially the Google ones.  Worked fine after, OK Google seems to have fits when some of the apps it wants / needs are not up to date.

Good luck.

0 Likes