Issues with Oreo!!
RNDABOOT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the Oreo update my phone keeps making a notification sound when calls are connected and when I hang up. I have gone into settings and notification sounds are off! Also I keep getting the notification to use Samsung account.  Again I have gone into settings and it shows option off. I too have less battery life since update.

Re: Issues with Oreo!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm, that is odd for sure RNDABOOT. I can certainly see where hearing these sound and seeing those notifications would be a concern. How long ago did you do the software update? You mentioned your battery life has been worse since the update too, how long is your battery lasting after it's fully charged? Please also clarify if you have the S8 or S8+ for future reference.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Issues with Oreo!!
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you clear the cache partition after you did the update?

Turn the phone off then press and hold volume up-power-home

home Then when the phone goes into recovery mode use the volume down button to highlight

clear cache partition then press power then use volume down to say yes press power

again. Then just reboot the phone. This does not change any of the settings on the phone just clears out

a bunch of the old files that may be conflicting with the new files.

This is what Samsung and Verizon suggest we do after an update to our phones. It will help with the battery drain and also clears files that the phone does not need anymore.