January 2019 Galaxy S8 update vibrate issues
Brago1a

I updated my phone to the Oreo 8.0, and since then my vibrate for notifications stopped working.  It works for calls and feedback so I know the motor is fine. I rebooted in safe mode and the vibrate for incoming messages and notifications worked. I cleared the cache, and uninstalled any recently downloaded apps to see if they had any bugs.  All settings are on and correct, I've shut them all off and turned them back on to no avail.  Has anyone had this issue after the most recent software update? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: January 2019 Galaxy S8 update vibrate issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see your phone buzzing again as I know the importance of having the alternative option to the ringer. I appreciate you taking time to complete the steps that you have so far. As the function works in Safe Mode this would indicate a 3rd party application is affecting the vibrate feature. I would first suggest a reset of the general settings via Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Settings. This will erase the general device settings but will not erase your personal data and content.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brago1a

Thank you for getting back to me.  I just tried the reset and it's still not working. It was working perfectly fine, until I did the January 18th update. Could that update be the cause? Anything else shy of a factory reset I can try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're more than welcome, Brago1a, we are always here for you. Thanks for completing that step, but, I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. I heavily rely on my notifications working properly, so, I understand the importance on getting this resolved. Most times, when issues like this occur after an update, the usual fix is a complete master reset of the device. It seems that you have exhausted all steps besides this one, which a reset will most likely correct your issue. My recommendation would be for you to back up all information in your phone prior to the reset. You can use our Verizon Cloud for a backup source. http://vz.to/2z7YnX6. Also, you can use this link as a guide on how to reset your device to factory settings. http://vz.to/2rRAOTn.   

JoeyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking those steps,Brago1a. I'm sorry to see that it's still not working. Let's move forward. The factory reset is the last thing we want to do get this up and running. I want to make sure we get this taken care of once and for all. With the notifications not vibrating can you please specify what notifications are not working? The reason I ask is that with the new update there has been some changes. What I would like for you to do is try to alter the vibrations again. 

1. On the home screen or in the app drawer, long press on the app whose notifications you want to alter.

2. In the pop-up window that appears, tap the Info icon, represented by a lowercase “i.” This will take you to the App Info page.

3. Tap App Notifications.

4. From this screen, you can indiscriminately enable or disable all notifications for the app (represented by the on/off switch at the top),enable or disable notification dots for the app, or specifically choose which types of notifications you’d like to see from the app.

Please let me know if this helps. 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes