LED color for notifications
tonyb08

Since the Oreo update, the LED color is the same for all notifications. Prior to the update, the LED color was green for notifications for the Message+ app. I have tried, but am unable to change the LED color from blue to green. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: LED color for notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how convenient and useful it is to have different LED colors for different silent notifications, tonyb08. I’ve heard from other users who did the Oreo update and experienced the same thing, so I know we’ve already sent feedback to Samsung on this. When I did a general search for solutions, many folks out there suggested a few different apps to get the LED to light in different colors. While we cannot recommend specific apps, you may wish to look in the Play Store or on Google for some suggested apps. Does that make sense?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kellyrg81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.  I don't think it has anything to do with Samsung.  It's obviously something with the actual Verizon Messages app itself.  I wish they would do another update to fix this.  The LED customization feature is the main reason I use it.  I really don't want to download another app to be able to customize the LED color because those apps constantly run and can use up battery life.  Please update this asap! 

diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

I believe this is an issue over all models, not just Verizon. I've seen comments regarding the update on a variety of forums. Should add, it's not just messaging. I get basically only the blue notification light now.

Agree with Kelly....we shouldn't have to download some sketchy third party app to get this working properly. This is a pretty glaring issue, one that should have been caught in testing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kellyrg81, we do hear you loud and clear. As one that has always taken these indicators as a way to manage my phone, I know just how important that color can be. Please know that this has been lifted up to both the manufacturer as well as Messages + developers in hopes of seeing a change very quickly. We do want our customers to have the tools that they need.