Latest Software Update Bug
Squirrelovesquirrels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our account phones were updated on 12/11/15. Ever since the update we are unable to switch from WiFi to verizon data when we disconnect from wifi. In order to connect to verizon data, we have to restart our phones each time. Can someone please get a fix asap?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Latest Software Update Bug
stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, have you tried backing up your important information and performing a Factory Data Reset? Sometimes updates require it. This would be a destructive operation unfortunately, so if your not confident in backing up your information and restoring it, it would be better to let someone else do it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Squirrelovesquirrels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Btw, we have the Samsung S5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Squirrelovesquirrels,  updates are meant to be a nice treat for your phone not causing this issue.  Does it only happen with one network or multiple WIFI networks?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Squirrelovesquirrels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Multiple WiFi networks. To both my phone and husbands  (both S5)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my WIFI heavily. Let’s figure this out. Let’s have your remove the connection and read it. Click here for instruction on removing the connections: http://vz.to/1NYzYqW
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Squirrelovesquirrels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact problem. No matter what we do, the minute we disconnect from wifi, any wifi, we are not being connected to your Verizon data network unless we restart our phones. This was not an issue until the latest software update. Same thing happens when we disconnect from WiFi to try and access our data through out Verizon network extender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving that a shot, Squirrelovessquirrels. It's very strange, but I don't see any others with this issue. Have you tried turning your cellular data off and on after switching off Wi-Fi? Have you tried to run either phone in safe mode?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Squirrelovesquirrels
Enthusiast - Level 2

No and no.  I do not know how to do either of those and frankly,  I'm not comfortable messing with my phone when it was perfectly fine until the latest software update.

0 Likes
sanshie

Same issue here since software update on 12/11/15.  Three calls to VW technical support, no luck.  Now they're saying  the software needs repair and I need to do this either using their repair assistant or go see the Samsung rep in a Best Buy store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Squirrelovesquirrels I regret you are having this trouble with your device after the software update. Help has arrived. I would like to place your phone in safe mode to isolate if this issue is app driven or a software issue.  You can find instructions on how to place your phone in and out of safe mode here http://vz.to/1QFPXww. Please note this will temporarily disable any 3rd party applications. Once you take it out of safe mode all your apps will come back. Please keep us posted if this issue persists in safe mode.
AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes