Line access fee for a stolen device
LACGAL92

hey, folks!

So, I’ve been paying for a line access fee for a device that has been stolen from me, I stressed to Verizon countless amounts of times of how it is simply unlogical to be paying for a line that I don’t have, more importantly, a phone that’s been stolen from me. I shouldn’t have to pay for the bad doings of someone else, right? Well, my question is, if a line isn’t being used, why would I still be having to pay for this?

alingside this, Verizon wants individuals to pay a line access fee, this is customer Service and customer service should always be offered to their customers for free, this is capitalism.

Verizon; you do realize that everyone’s leaving to go to pay-as-you-go phones right? Well, you’re not making it better, you’re pushing your customers into other companies, I’m about to leave simply because of unexplainable charges.

0 Likes
Re: Line access fee for a stolen device
rcschnoor
Legend

LACGAL92 wrote:

hey, folks!

So, I’ve been paying for a line access fee for a device that has been stolen from me, I stressed to Verizon countless amounts of times of how it is simply unlogical to be paying for a line that I don’t have, more importantly, a phone that’s been stolen from me. I shouldn’t have to pay for the bad doings of someone else, right? Well, my question is, if a line isn’t being used, why would I still be having to pay for this?

You shouldn't and all you have to do is to call Verizon or stop by a Verizon corporate store and have them cancel that line. Verizon has no way of knowing unless you cancel the line. Of course, if you are making payments on the device in question the full amount would become due.

0 Likes
Re: Line access fee for a stolen device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LACGAL92,

I am sorry to learn that your phone was stolen from you! It is a shame that someone would do this to another person. If you no longer want the line of service, you can cancel it. If you have a contract on that line the early termination fee would be due. If you have a device payment the remainder amount will be accelerated. Do you have insurance on the line to get a replacement or activate another phone that can be activated on the line?

Tionna_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes