Locked out of my phone after Marshmallow update
KELMCN20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Note 4 about two hours ago.  When my phone rebooted I was asked to enter my lock screen pattern, which would be fine...if I ever had one.  I failed the "test" and was prompted to enter my backup pin, which I also do not have.  I was never able to set a backup pin.  I bought my phone brand new and it always seemed as if there was a secret pin that it came with, to which I was never privy.  Any time I tried to enter it within my security settings it would tell me it "didn't match". 

I've rebooted my phone three times.

I have spoken to Verizon customer support.  They were very nice, but couldn't help me.

I have spoken to Samsung.  They tried their "golden ticket", having me remove my battery, replace it without turing the phone back on, hit the volume down/home/power buttons simultaneously, and select the "reset cache" five times.  It still asked me for my backup pin. 

I am now waiting for a Verizon customer care rep to send me a proof of purchase for my phone so that I can email it to Samsung.  Of course they would like to make sure I didn't steal my phone before they try, again, to remove the security lock. 

Anybody here have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Locked out of my phone after Marshmallow update
KELMCN20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up fixing this using Samsung's "Find My Mobile" website. I was able to unlock my phone just by signing in and entering in my Samsung password.  It was glorious.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What were you using to lock the phone prior to the update?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your receipt is available in your My Verizon account online under the My documents and receipts section.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KELMCN20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing- I just had a simple swipe screen

0 Likes
KELMCN20
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone was purchased from a third party vendor who sells Verizon, so it wasn't available.  I did finally receive an email from the Verizon rep and I have sent it off to Samsung. 

And now I wait...

0 Likes
KELMCN20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up fixing this using Samsung's "Find My Mobile" website. I was able to unlock my phone just by signing in and entering in my Samsung password.  It was glorious.

0 Likes