Loss of dig sound on Google Search bar when touching microphone
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone loose the ding sound when you hit the microphone button on the Google search bar. This all came about with the last version Google 13.40.11.26.arm64 on my Samsung S22 Plus and S21 Plus phones. It appears that the Google Assistant icon is now missing at the top of screen where it as before the update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Loss of dig sound on Google Search bar when touching microphone
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Here is what the screen looks like now. The Google Assistant icon is not above the colored dots anymore.

Screenshot_20221022-135040_Google.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Here is what the screen looks like now. The Google Assistant icon is not above the colored dots anymore.

Screenshot_20221022-135040_Google.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on the sounds my phone makes when I do things, Jallis, so I understand how it feels when there are changes. We located this helpful video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7q77E3JMU among several suggestions that will show you where to turn that "beep" back on when using the microphone. 

-George

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1
  • Screenshot_20221024_170031_Google.jpg

 Here is a screen shot of what it should look like. Notice Google Assistant icon at top of screen. I managed to restore it on my S22+ when I updated to Android 13 today, by going into the Google app and clearing the cache and the storage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jallis! Please let us know if you need any assistance with this situation. Verizon is always here to help! 

>Jean

0 Likes