Message+ Error message for size limit for pictures
RK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday Message+ started giving me error message every time I try to attach a photo to a text. It says this:

Message Size Limit reached. Sorry, you cannot add this image to your message.

The image I am trying to send isn't even 5 MB & I am using Wi-Fi.  Verizon's site says on WiFi with Message+ the size limit is 100MB.  This seems to coincide with Message+ updating itself yesterday, but have checked my settings, etc. and find no obvious issue.  I had no problem sending these same pics before yesterday.

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ Error message for size limit for pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RK20, we want to ensure that all of the messaging services work properly for you. What is the make and model of the device that you are using to send the picture? Have you tried other pictures as a test to check if you are able to send it? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
RK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, David -

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Yes, I have tried tests with many pictures & to various recipients of my texts.  Also, pictures I was able to send a few weeks ago with no issues now trigger the error message about the size limit.

I have been able to fix it temporarily by shutting off the phone and restarting (just doing a "restart" doesn't help; I have to actually power the phone off, wait a bit & then turn it back on).   It'll work for a while & then start having the same issue.

Thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that information, RK20. Let's make sure the application is up to date by going into the Google Play Store and in the upper left corner tapping the box with three lines on it and then selecting 'My app & games'. Please update any applications there. Also, have you made any other changes to your device such as downloading of a new third-party application? GregL_VZW

0 Likes
RK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, Greg -

I checked and all apps were updated.  I haven't installed any new apps recently.

The fix of shutting off my phone for a while and then restarting seems to work for a couple of days.  Another clue is that, even with the phone shut-off fix, if I try to add a photo (with the + sign within the text message) from within Message+ it gives me the error message and will not attach the photo.  I have to go into my Photo Gallery & choose the picture and then choose to send it via Message+ for it to work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That information is helpful RK20. I want to clarify, is this issue only happening when connected to WiFi or do you have trouble with WiFi off as well? Are you able to send and receive group messages?

0 Likes