Message+ video link
astrid202505

So confused!! I had sent a video to one recipient. They recieved it in the form of a link. They were able to view it, however it was showing on their end that there were 3 other numbers who could access it?? Why is this happening if it was only sent to one recipient??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ video link
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@astrid202505 wrote:

So confused!! I had sent a video to one recipient. They recieved it in the form of a link. They were able to view it, however it was showing on their end that there were 3 other numbers who could access it?? Why is this happening if it was only sent to one recipient??

How was it 'showing on their end that there were 3 other numbers who could access it'?  Were there 3 other numbers on the text message you sent or when they viewed the video was it showing the other 3 numbers there?  Was it a public video link that your were forwarding to them or a personal video you created?  If it was a public video, then possibly others had forwarded that link themselves and the numbers they sent it to show as available viewers.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
astrid202505

I had only sent it to one person and they were the only person I had been messaging. When they clicked the link sent, they were able to view the video but it shown it was sent to a total of 4 people, 3 numbers that weren't familiar. It was a video I had made and sent to one person. I do have a request to speak with local Verizon representatives today as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite strange. We would be happy to look into this with you. Where these other numbers familiar? Are they contacts you knew? 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details. Which app did you use to record the video? How long is the video? Could you try sending another short video and let us know if you encounter the same problem? 

VZW_ChristianP

0 Likes
90seyes

Was there every any resolution to this?  When I send videos to people, no matter the size or rez, it gets sent as a VZW link that looks spammy instead of a video like every other phone out there...not sure why it gets sent that way.  

0 Likes
90seyes

Was there every any resolution to this?  When I send videos to people, it gets sent as a VZW link that looks spammy instead of a video like every other phone out there...not sure why it gets sent that way.  

0 Likes