Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a new note s20 ultra and transferred all my stuff. Have had it a couple weeks now. I use message+

So, when I send a group message, it shows the other people plus myself and I can see what I typed as myself, but then I also see it as a response with my number as if someone else was sending it.

Also, when someone sends pics, just a one on one text with a picture of anything, it puts it in a different text line. So I basically have a text line with someone and then a pic line with that same someone...

This didn't happen when I got my note 10 and transferred my stuff.

How do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Draeus0801, we hope you're loving your new device. We want to ensure you're not obtaining your own messages back in your group messages. We typically only see that in group chats versus group texts. When you go into a group message in your Message+ app and click in the area where the names are shown (before the 3 dots) to view your Recipients List, what's highlighted for your Recipients reply to option (MMS Group, Enhanced Group or Broadcast). Also, do you show your own name and number in the Participants listing on that same screen?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Draeus0801
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry. Have been out for a bit.

So, it shows at the top of the conversation (the one that has any pictures in it) that is is a Group MMS. When I click on that, it shows recipients reply to MMS group (not broadcast). And yes, my phone number is listed as a participant.

Which of those do I need to change to merge MMS back into the regular text thread with the person?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That helps to know, let's keep this going. Are you able to remove your number from the recipient list and further test?

0 Likes
Draeus0801
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't seem like I have the option to change recipients. I long press on my name (or any name) and it doesn't give me any removal options and I don't see any under the menus

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information. Have you also tried removing the Message + application and downloading it again to see if this works? Are there any updates with the phone or application available at this time? 

0 Likes