Mobile Data and Wifi on at same time
BSJR5726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Normally when I arrive at my residence my phone will switch to my WiFi network and mobile data will switch off.  Lately both are staying on.   My phone is an S20 + 5G. 

Screenshot_20210907-212636_Chrome.jpg

Any ideas why?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Data and Wifi on at same time
Jell_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 1

the mobile data doesn't truly 'switch off' it keeps connecting on/off here and there because some apps or features require cellular data. So, you may see 5G come on intermittently.

But if you see 5G icon all the time... that's something you need to report to Samsung Members. I am not sure if this is Verizon issue. 

Recreate the issue and submit error report to Samsung Members app with the screenshot to indicate the problem. 

Additionally, please share the device's software version and the wifi's signal strength.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the correct connection on and off is crucial.Let's get to the bottom of this issue together. When did this issue first start? Did any changes/updates occur around that time?-Sean

0 Likes
BSJR5726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the late response.  I am still having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to take a closer look at this particular issue you are experiencing. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes