Mobile Hotspot Connection Issues
XR7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, and after about a week or two of using it, I attempted to use the hotspot but was unable to. When trying to turn on the hot spot, I got an error saying "Authentication Error" so I went through all of the troubleshooting steps recommended by Verizon and it still wouldn't work. So I decided to contact Verizon and upon talking with them I was told that "This is a known issue, and we have put together a team to deal with it specifically, so I will email the team, and once they receive my email they will flip a switch, and your hotspot will begin to work immediately." Following this conversation, within 12 hours, my hotspot was working! Just a little information for anyone having the same issue.

Labels (1)
Re: Mobile Hotspot Connection Issues
BullNote8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon.  I have this same issue.  I cannot connect to the mobile hotspot on my Note 8 with other devices due to an authentication error, despite typing the password correctly numerous times.

Note 8.  Android 9.  It used to work fine.

Please make it work again!  Not sure what you did to kill it, but please restore it!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your device to function as it is supposed to. To ensure that we get you the correct help. Do you have postpaid or prepaid services? -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Berdajean8372
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue on my s10e. This is the third one they sent me and still no hot spot. 

0 Likes
cmevans654
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue on my s10+. I used the mobile hotspot feature on my old phone for years so I know it is not a limitation with my plan. I will try for a few days to get resolution but may have to return the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my Mobile Hotspot on my cell phone quite a bit, cmevans654. I know how important it is to be able to have this connection while on the go. Are you having any trouble with your cellular data on the Galaxy S10+? What does the phone show for cell service (1x, 3G, or 4G/LTE)? Have you been able to use the hotspot feature on this device before? Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
i2Driven
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same issue starting tonight about an hour ago with all 3 of our S10's at once. We all use our hotspots a lot, and never had any issues until today. And all 3 are acting up and giving us a "Fatal System Error" when we try to connect.

Verizon support, please get this resolved for me too.

0 Likes