Mobile Hotspot Suddenly Stops Working - Prompted to Subscribe When Already Subscriber
MicheleTF

I have seen this complaint posted on the Verizon Community many times. Frequently, there is a semi-canned response from a concerned Verizon representative, asking the customer to contact them. I have never seen, however, a posted resolution to the problem. Nearly a month ago, I contacted Verizon with this problem and spent hours working with an array of support staff and technicians. My phone has been safe-booted, re-booted, re-provisioned to no avail. I received a robo-text April 9 asking if my problem was solved. I replied no and haven't heard from them since. Does anyone know anyone who actually had this problem solved? I suspect that it's because we are on an unlimited data plan and are being pressured to upgrade or change our plan and/or phone. As a matter of fact, one of the last things I heard from one of the support staff went something like this: "I'm sorry I couldn't solve your problem. Can I interest you in one of our promotions?"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Suddenly Stops Working - Prompted to Subscribe When Already Subscriber
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to take a look into the problem you're having with your Mobile Hotspot. Does this occur after a certain amount of usage? Does this error just randomly pop up? Are you currently unable to use your hotspot? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Suddenly Stops Working - Prompted to Subscribe When Already Subscriber
MicheleTF

This problem has occurred consistently ever since I first reported it to Verizon. After that, I have never been able to create a hotspot. I get the same error message every time. My case was supposedly escalated to top tech group. I've tried unsuccesscully every day wherever I have cell service (I am traveling and must rely on risky public wifi when available.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MicheleTF, 

We know that having properly working service is vital especially when travelling. I am sending you a private message for an account review. 

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
Jochs78

Any luck with this? The exact same thing just started happening to my wife's phone today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to connect and use your mobile hotspot is essential, Jochs78. Is the hotspot working with the other devices on your account still? When was your wife's phone last able to use mobile hotspot? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
JTscou

Just noticed this today myself. I've been subscribed to the 4G mobile hotspot plan and still says so on the site, but for some reason it gives me the notif that I'm not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes