Mobile hotspot icon missing now
swhodges

OK there was an update and now the mobile hotspot notification icon is gone.  I use that to quickly see if I turned it off after using so it doesn't waste my battery.   Actually the same with the bluetooth notification icon.  If I swipe down to get the quick settings they suddenly appear in the notification area but then they are two of my on/off buttons anyway.  How do I get them back to display again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile hotspot icon missing now
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is the make and model of the device you are using? Has this equipment experienced a recent software update? MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
swhodges

Galaxy S8 and whatever updates you guys have pushed through. Android version 9, Kernal 4.4.153 #2 May 14.  Used to whenever I was hotspotting the notification icon showed next to the 4G and Bluetooth replacing the Wi-Fi icon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming the details, swhodges. I know that I rely on my device interface and icons to help with the ease of use. We are eager to help get to the bottom of this issue with your S8. 

Just to ensure that we are fully aligned are you referring to icons that displayed in the status bar at the very top of your phone? Feel free to share a screenshot of where the icons should be.

If you have not already completed a soft reset, please do so. Here is a link to the detailed steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211217/ Did this step help? 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
swhodges

" Used to whenever I was hotspotting the notification icon showed next to the 4G and Bluetooth replacing the Wi-Fi icon."

Yes the ones at that top.  Restart does not fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's keep digging, swhodges. You previously mentioned that you are not seeing a Bluetooth icon either on your status bar. This tells me the issue may be with your settings. I would like to ensure your settings are turned on for receiving all notifications on your status bar. Please use the link below and navigate to the bottom where it gives the steps for Android OS 9.0 (Pie). Let us know if this was off or not. I recommend toggling it on and retesting if it was. We will be standing by.

http://spr.ly/6608Eqh06

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes
swhodges

No I see my other icons which I use to monitor what is running like I used to do with the Hotspots icon which is now missing.  His can I get that icon to show again.

0 Likes
swhodges

And those settings were already set.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important this is for you, swhodges. With Google's new version of Android and Samsung's implementation of it, they are reducing the amount of symbols you see in the notification tray to cut down on the amount of clutter at the top. This means, icons for Bluetooth and Mobile Hotspot will not display unless they are currently connected and in use. This is a new change to Android created by the developers. Does this help clarify things for you?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Rix1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Excuse me for cutting in, I've been following this thread since I have the same problem.  While the Bluetooth icon does appear if I'm connected to a device the hotspot doesn't.  A number appears in the corner of the icon telling you how many are connnected but the icon itself appears only when I swiped down the Notifications tab.

0 Likes