Multimedia Message not supported by network
musicbysterling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note 8 stock message app suddenly stopped sending MMS and group messages. This is the error message I keep getting.  Verizon has tried 4 times by phone, went to store, no resolution.  Can receive them but can't send.  Anyone else having this issue and found a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Multimedia Message not supported by network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

musicbysterling,

Texts are a great way to stay in touch with others, so let's check that out. When you receive these picture texts, do you have to click on anything to get them, such as a download button? Please follow the steps on this link to reset the network connection on the phone: http://vz.to/2yksgCZ . Keep in mind with this special reset that you'll need to reconnect to any Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections later, but nothing else gets deleted. Before reconnecting to any of that, retry your picture texts and keep us posted.

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@RussellM_VZW @ vzw_customer_support What was reported by musicbysterling as an issue was SENDING MMS not RECEIVING.  Were your troubleshooting steps relating to SENDING as well as RECEIVING?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
musicbysterling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset the device and now the MMS just spins and then times out.  So, now I have a different problem.  No one on tech support seems to have any answers and they've remoted into the device to make sure everything is set up properly.  Pretty much is a ridiculous issue for a basic function on a flagship device.  No option to reset to default the APN settings as that seems to be what other people are saying is probably the issue.  It is grayed out on this device and some say that is Verizon's decision.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
musicbysterling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joe, Still receiving MMS  per the stock messaging app and I do not have to download them, they just appear.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Musicbysterling, it is definitely strange that you were able to send and receive group messages before, but now you cannot send them. We're here to get this resolved. Did you recently complete a plan change? Can you send a picture or video message to one person just fine ro does it fail? If you try group messaging via the Verizon Messages application? 

Also, take a look here > https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/multimedia-messaging-faqs/ to make sure there isn't anything that we're missing. This could be a simple fix. 

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes