My Galaxy S5 does not recognize sd cards
MARBAS28

I have two Samsung Galaxy S5 phones.  One is verizon and the other AT&T.  The AT&T phone has no trouble recognizing micro SD cards but the Verizon one does not recognize them i.e. when I insert a card and look under storage they do not show up.

I have also tried to do this in safe mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S5 does not recognize sd cards
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marbas28, ensuring your phone is able to recognize a micro SD card is very important you have enough memory space on your phone. I have verified the device supports a MicroSD card up to 128GB. Are you experiencing difficulties with every MicroSD card that you insert into the phone? Have you verified the MicroSD card is formatted to the device? To format the card tap on settings<storage<SD card<format.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARBAS28

Thanks for your response.

Nothing work. They tell me that the card reader is caput. I am certain

that it came that way out of factory since this is the first time I have

tried to use am SD card. But the phone is out of guarantee. I will just

have to manage storage another way.

Thanks again

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 11:45 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the phone wasn't delivered with an sd card, you added it & cards do die!!

0 Likes
MARBAS28

The card is fine. It is the card reader that is not working.

Thanks!

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 1:05 PM, bearone21 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MARBAS28, we want you to have the best options for your storage. I'm sorry that your phone is out of warranty now. Do you have insurance or extended warranty on it? Are you eligible to upgrade?
One great way to store your content is the Verizon Cloud.
This is a great way to protect your content, because it will be there even if something happpens to your phone or memory card. Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

let's see, neither the card reader or phone will read the card but the card's ok!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bearone21, we appreciate your time, patience, and troubleshooting assistance too. Since the SD card appears to be fine, let's take a closer look at your Smartphone. Is there any damage to it? I recommend initiating a Device Health Check for your phone. This website link will provide assistance for you at: http://vz.to/2u8hTVd. Once the process has been completed, please share the results with us, paying particular attention to the results in "Yellow" and "Red." - RobertC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes