My Note 4 is rebooting constantly while on battery.
traffic15

My Note 4 started constantly rebooting yesterday.  It seems stable for now while on A/C and charging. 

Used trouble shooter and it now recommends the use of Software Upgrade Assistant/Repair Assistant on my Windows 10 PC.  The software is not there.. How can I get this utility?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Note 4 is rebooting constantly while on battery.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the link on this page. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your efforts. Let's get this figured out. What software is missing? Please clarify your concern.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
traffic15

Using the Verizon Troubleshooting option on this website, I reported Issue #1008021061, "Device resets, crashes, reboots and cannot use touchscreen or buttons".  It lead me to the "Software Upgrade Assistant" however step 3 for Windows says to "click the Software Upgrade Assistant tray icon to launch the utility app".  Then in step 4, "Click Repair Assistant".

I had my computer upgraded to Windows 10 this month and don't have the Software Upgrade Assistant tray icon or the Repair Assistant.

Looking to get these programs so that I can backup my cellphone and do a complete reinstall to fix the constant rebooting on my Note 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

traffic15 We want you to have a phone that works properly. We're sorry about the issues with downloading the software assistant on your Windows 10 computer. Please use this link for the Software Assistant tool. Did you have the software assistant in your computer's programs before you installed the windows 10?

SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
traffic15

"Please use this link for the Software Assistant tool"

There's no link in the reply.

I don't know if there was or not.  I reluctantly upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.

0 Likes
traffic15

Hello?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the link on this page. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
traffic15

Repeating my request again,

How do I download the required software since it's not on my phone?

0 Likes
traffic15

Third request.

Repeating my request again,

How do I download the required software since it's not on my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know its important to have the latest software on your device traffic15. Here is the link to the software steps for your device http://vz.to/1zRCy64 .

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes